Ringgold Webinar Series 2014
January & February 2014
New Year’s Resolution: Getting Your Data Into Shape
Information and Tools from Ringgold
Throughout January and February 2014 we provided a series of free webinars that took a comprehensive view of the data landscape, an introduction to available solutions from Ringgold, and a discussion of the possibilities that can be realized with high-quality data.
Are you moving in new strategic directions in 2014? Looking to grow your business and make your content more discoverable? Understand trends in your customer base, or just service your customers more effectively? All of these goals can be supported by clean, healthy data. Don’t put it off – make 2014 the year you begin to improve the health of your data.
Session 1: Taking Stock – Ringgold’s Commitment to Healthy Data
This introductory session took place on Wednesday January 15 and covered the following:
- A review of what constitutes good data health.
- Data health plan: data governance and how it can drive your business.
- Overview of standard identifiers currently used in the scholarly publishing supply chain.
- Introduction to Ringgold services and how we support our clients.
To download the Slides for Session 1, please click here.
Session 2: Core Strength – Standard Identifiers as the Foundation of Healthy Data and the Basis for Linking Your Supply Chain
The second session took place on Wednesday January 29 and discussed Ringgold IDs: what they are and what other identifiers can do for your business.
- The current landscape of standard identifiers applicable to scholarly publishing including Ringgold IDs, ISNI, and ORCID. What are they, and why are they important?
- How & why to incorporate them into your internal data silos and into your supply chain activities.
- Ringgold Identifiers and the Identify Database: Service overview & typical use cases.
To download the Slides for Session 2, please click here.
Session 3: Lean and Mean: Publication Metadata to Enhance Discovery, Purchase and Use of Your Content
The third session took place on Wednesday 15 February and covered making content easily discoverable. Well-structured and complete metadata about your published works are the key to ensuring content can be easily found, purchased, and used – particularly within the emerging Demand Driven Acquisition Model.
The discussion explored:
- The changing landscape of discovery and collection development.
- Current industry initiatives surrounding publication metadata.
- Review of discovery platforms and discovery layers.
- Ringgold’s ProtoView service – supporting publishers with the creation and targeted dissemination of quality metadata.
To download the Slides for Session 3, please click here.
Session 4: 30-Minute Workout: Quick Tips for Better Customer Data Health
The final session took place on Wednesday 26 February and in this practical session, we offered concrete, simple take-aways that will allow you to quickly improve the state of your most valuable customer and prospect records.
Also, we discussed how our auditing service may help those needing a more robust solution:
- 3 Quick Tips to improve the state of your most valuable client records – all of which you can do on your own.
- Ringgold’s Audit Service: outsourcing the standardization of your subscriber records.
To download the Slides for Session 4, please click here.
Contact us with any questions, or to schedule a one-on-one discussion.
ProtoView: How to use it to your best advantage
Information and Tools from Ringgold
In May, we introduced ProtoView to our free webinar series. With ProtoView we promote your titles through professionally created abstracts, bibliographic entries, and expanded metadata delivered to the scholarly supply chain. In this webinar, we talked about the new developments in academic markets and how to maximize your titles’ presence in web scale discovery services. (Hint: It’s all about discoverability.)
We discussed the metadata elements included in ProtoView, the different levels of service available for print and electronic books and journals, and custom solutions available by sending electronic data in conjunction with print review copies.
To download the Slides for the ProtoView webinar, please click here.
Meet with us at these industry events
ALPSP Annual Conference
14 Sep 2022 - 16 Sep 2022
Frankfurt Book Fair
19 Oct 2022 - 23 Oct 2022